Friday, April 30, 2010


A couple of weeks ago I received an invitation to an event in New Orleans celebrating the partnership between TransCanada (a large pipeline company currently working on building a pipeline from the tar sands oil fields in Alberta to the Texas Gulf Coast across eastern Montana) and Duck Unlimited.

Yesterday I received this via email.

I wonder why they may have decided that canceling a celebration between a large oil pipeline company and a conservation organization in New Orleans might be the thing to do right now......


Akayo'kaki said...

I'm curious about what this partnership entails in the first place. Is TransCanada supporting Ducks Unlimited as a demonstration of its environmental commitment?

John Carlson said...

I am not sure either Ryan. My original invite merely states that they were celebrating "a unique cross-border environmental partnership" for Migratory Bird Day.