Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Future Studio/Library?

Billings MT - As I mentioned in a previous post, an old one-room school in Eastern Montana has captured my attention as a possible studio/library. On my way to Billings yesterday I took this photo of the old school with Western Meadowlarks and newly arrived Vesper Sparrows singing in the background (there is even a meadowlark sitting on the old flagpole). I also have a phone number of the landowner. Now to see if they are interested in getting rid of the building.

Birds have started moving in after being stalled by cold and rainy conditions. New birds for the year included my first White-crowned Sparrow, Lincoln Sparrow, and Yellow-rumped Warbler (Myrtle). The Lincoln's Sparrow arrived about the right time according to my 4 years of records at our house but the White-crowned and Yellow-rumped Warbler were a few days later than "usual". They all must have gotten stalled together somewhere south of Fort Peck by the weather.

No comments: